Writing a gratitude journal is a good habit. And just like other good habits, this one also takes you getting used to. And believe me, you will thank me for suggesting you start writing and maintain one.
To be honest, there is no right or wrong way of going about writing a gratitude journal. However, that said, we still have some write up for you to help you get things done in a smoother and better fashion.
Now, before going into how to keep a gratitude journal, I’d like to list the importance of keeping it in the first place. Importance of keeping a daily gratitude journal/note:
- It is a great exercise to remember a good event
- It is also a fairly good habit to help you remember important experiences in your life
- Honestly, I think that the above-stated reasons are enough to lure you into maintaining a gratitude journal… however, if you’re still looking for more to get convinced, then the habit actually helps you establish a better connection with the people who are frequent in your life.
Tips on writing/maintaining a gratitude journal the right way:
- Specificity is key. Try being as specific as is possible.
- Try being personal to a whole different level. This will help you focus more on the people important to you and your wellbeing.
- Don’t focus on making a superficial list to just seem happy. Go into the absolute depths and mention only the things your actually.
- Go for variety. Writing about a person that frequents your life is good, however, try aiming at different aspects of them each time you mention them.
- Be grateful. Another important tip to you is seeing all the good things as “gifts”. Thinking in this manner will not only help you be more grateful but also cherish those precious moments for longer!
Picture credit- Pexels