According to surveys, many teens suffer from teenagers depression. About 6.8% of teenagers in high school suffer from notable depression, but they are often mistaken for teenage resistance. These teenagers are just sick, not in a bad mood or lack of pressure, do not ignore the teenager’s distress and depression. Depression ranks second among the world’s three major diseases, but teenagers depression is rarely noticed. Data shows that more than one million young people are prone to severe depression.
Concerned about teen depression
How to detect and guide these patients to see again Dawn is an issue that society must pay attention to. In addition to enhancing the knowledge of depression through depression measures and care rules, nursing with heart is the key to staying away from the disease.
Many students are suffering from depression hidden on the campus. Teachers should always observe whether children’s behaviour expose signs of depression. So teachers and parents can understand the symptoms of children with depression and hope to save children from the blue storm in time with parent-teacher discussions.
Four keys to getting out of teenagers depression
Depression is not an incurable disease. As long as professional treatment, psychological counselling, and family patience accompany yourself, you can naturally get out of the path of depression, and grasp the following four key points.
- Happiness and successful experience help relieve worries. The brain stores a lot of memories. If two people have depression, but one of them has a lot of successful and happy positive experiences in the past, his recovery path will be compared easy.
- The companionship of parents and relatives and the fellowship of parents and relatives and friends is the key, which is conducive to follow-up treatment.
- Psychological counselling combined with drug therapy is better if the child has self-harm behavior or even suicidal thoughts, do not avoid this topic. Psychotherapy, combined with drug help, can produce a specific effect.
- Accompanying people also need to reduce stress. Experts say that parents have to “face” and “let go” with depressed children at home. Faced with the fact of illness, let go of excessive expectations and put the child’s health first
- help prevent teen depression
Offer unconditional support
A strong parent-child relationship can help prevent teenagers depression. To establish and maintain a positive relationship with your child you can. Encouraging your children to express their true feelings
Acknowledge your child’s accomplishments and praise their strengths, be it academically, hobbies, sports, relationships or other areas
Provide positive feedback when you notice positive behavior
Prepare meals and eat them together
Respond to your child’s anger with complete calm rather than intensity
If your child is unwilling to talk, spend time in the same room with him. Even if you don’t speak together, a situation in which a child feels cared and loved can be hundreds of words.