Generalized anxiety disorder symptoms (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, makes the sufferers panic uncontrollably about normal day-to-day happenings in their lives. This form of anxiety is notably different from the basic anxiousness and fundamental feelings of uneasiness and states of panic. Ironically, while suffering from GAD, the person usually knows that there is no reason to worry and be so much panic-stricken, yet they continue with that toxic state of mind for a long period.
Most of the time, the people suffering have been found saying that even they are not sure of the reason that makes them worry so much. They even report the feeling of something bad happening to them shortly, without much of a cause or reason to think so.
This type of anxiety can take an immense toll on the sufferer’s mental as well as physical health. It also interferes with their lifestyle and relationships they share with their close ones.
Symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder:
Although there are countless symptoms, here we have mentioned the more common ones.
- Excessive sweating
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Bad temperament
- Excessive fatigue and easy exhaustion
- Recurring cases of diarrhea
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Sweaty palms
- Weak knees
Common Causes/Risk Factors:
- Trauma- Having lived through a series of traumatic events may pose an extreme risk of facing this form of anxiety.
- Childhood sexual abuse- Some innumerable people have faced sexual abuse as children. Such events are considered extremely common in causing these kinds of disorders.
- Substance abuse- Overuse of alcohol and other kinds of drugs have been associated with numerous other forms of disorders. Their abuse also gives birth to excessive anxiety in us humans.
- Low self-esteem- Extremely negative perception about oneself at all times also causes one to feel anxious and incomplete.
- Negatively-impacting life events- Series of negative life events in one’s life is also a well-known factor causing this form of anxiety.
Symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder might seem bad, however, we are here for you. Because we, at PinkyMind, have famous and well-trained specialists to help you out of the awful situation you, or your loved ones, might be in.
Click here for therapy and here for reading more about anxiety.